Perry County Utility Services
Perry County, Missouri offers various utility services including water, sewer, other fuels, and electric services. For public water service, the three incorporated cities pull from Saline Creek and 5 underground wells with a capacity of 3,400 gallons per minute and 2,556,000 gallons per day. The sewage treatment plant is certified by the State of Missouri and contains an Aerated Activated Sludge treatment plant with a population equivalent of 9,250 gallons per day. Other fuels are available from several fuel oil and LP gas distributors in the area for convenient access. The electric service is provided by Citizens Electric Corporation powered by Wabash Valley Power Alliance. Citizens serves 27,751 members with 2,811 overhead distribution miles and 156 underground lines so their electricity needs are met efficiently and reliably.
"Public water service is available in the three incorporated cities. Water is pulled from the Saline Creek and 5 underground wells."
Public water service is available in the three incorporated cities. Water is pulled from the Saline Creek and 5 underground wells.
- Capacity of plant and wells: 3,400 gals./min.
- Plant 2.34 mgpd
- Wells 1625 gpd
- 2,556,000 gals./day ; 1775 gpm
Consumption & Storage
- Average consumption: 1,600,000 gals./day
- Peak consumption: 2,000,000 gals./day
- Storage capacity: 1,490,000 gals./day
The City of Perryville operates a public wastewater facility. The remainder of the county have private systems.
- Treatment plant certified by: State of Missouri
- Type of treatment plant: Aerated activated sludge
- Capacity of plant: 1,850,000 gals./day
- Population equivalent: 18,000 gals./day
- Present load: 925,000 gals./day
- Population equivalent: 9,250 gals./day
Other Fuel Services
Several fuel oil and LP gas distributors in area
Electric service is provided by Citizens Electric Corporation. Powered by Wabash Valley Power Alliance, Citizens serves 27,751 members with 2,811 overhead distribution miles and 156 underground distribution miles.